In this video, I show you how to use a thumb pick on guitar, the point of using one, and how the thumb pick compares to using the flesh of your thumb.
The thumb pick is great for fingerpicking guitar, however only in certain contexts. Ultimately it is up to you, however there are circumstances where using a thumb pick is much preferred and others where it is not.
In this lesson, I show you:
1. Thumb Pick Basics:
- What is a thumb pick
- The best kind of thumb picks to use
- Where to place the thumb pick on your thumb for the best sound and ease of use
2. Thumb Pick Verses Bare Thumb - How Do They Compare:
- The sound of the thumb pick compared to the bare thumb
- Why choose one over the other
- Which styles of playing are conducive to using a thumb pick and which are not
3. Which Approach Is Best For You:
- How to know whether to use a thumb pick or your bare thumb
- The best ways to get use to using a thumb pick
Are you new to fingerpicking guitar, or have you fingerpicked before but find yourself stuck, clueless as to what to do next?
Check out The Ultimate Fingerpicking Guitar Course: https://acousticguitarlessonsonline.net/fingerpicking-guitar-lessons
Get daily tips by following me on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/onlineacousticguitarlessons